Apprentice Production Operative (31352)
The Growth Company
A normal day would include:
- Working with a range of materials to manufacture specialist commercial interiors – Laminates, Corian, Steel, Aluminum, veneers, Lacquer, Leather, Plastics and Glass
- Cutting of materials
- Edging of materials
- Spraying surfaces
- Transferring materials for assembly operations
- Carry out inspection and testing activities
- Confirm quality production
- Receiving and checking incoming materials
- Wrapping and protecting items for Installation
- Working as a team to reach the best results
- Adhere to Health and Safety practices
- Adhere to ISO systems
- The role will include operating machinery and daily housekeeping
What you could go on to do:
Gain skills in high specialist joinery and installation work on the customer’s premises.
How you will be supported:
Full training and support will be provided by our expert training and assessment staff at The Growth Company. A comprehensive training programme will be developed for you to gain skills in manufacturing the range pf products and experience of installation on the customer’s premises enabling you to become a multi skilled, semi-skilled manufacturer on completion of the apprenticeship.
What will happen next:
New applicants to The Growth Company who meet any basic entry requirements of the role will be contacted within two working days to be invited to meet a member of our team. You will then have the opportunity to find out:
- More about this vacancy and any others you are suitable for
- Any training you need to complete
- What the next steps will be
How you could get there:
If you would be catching public transport for this role, visit the Journey Planner on www.tfgm.com to see how you would get there and how long it would take.
Possible progression within the company and progression onto the next level apprenticeship.
- Able to follow concise instructions
- Excellent eye for detail
- Excellent communication, verbal/written
- Good time management
- Able to perform tasks in an accurate manner
- Have a ‘can do’ attitude
- Punctual and good attendance
- Willing to learn
- Proactive approach to tasks
- Good interpersonal skills
- Able to work on their own and within a team
- Flexible and positive attitude to personal development
- Demonstrate effective team working skills
Good basic English and Maths would be required for this role, and an interest in joinery.
Full apprenticeship training provided, working towards an Intermediate Level Apprenticeship gaining a Level 2 qualification in Lean Manufacturing Operative
Sign up for apprenticeship alerts - its free
People who applied for this apprenticeship also applied for:
This page contains public sector information licensed under the Open Government Licence v3.0. The information provider is the Education and Skills Funding Agency.