What will the apprentice be doing?
As an Apprentice Production Technician, you will operate automated and robotic machinery used to produce a variety of components and products.
Learning will include but not limited to.
- How to operate machines used in the production process
- Production planning
- Selection and preparation of materials ready for processing
- Stock management
- Upkeep of machines
- Applicants must be 18, or about to turn 18, at the start of the apprenticeship. Due to heath & safety reasons.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Lean Manufacturing Operative Level 2 Standard
- Level 2 Knowledge and Skills qualifications
- Functional Skills Level1/2 if required
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
OGM are looking for two candidates to join their team for the long term and who can develop into a Machine Setting or Process Engineer role after completing the apprenticeship.
Reality CheckAs an apprentice, there will be lots to learn! The Team at OGM are experienced and supportive, covering all aspects of Engineering, and pride themselves in helping each other whenever needed. The role requires some manual handling of 25Kg material bags. 24/7 operation. Various shifts available (early/late)
Skills RequiredCommunication skills, Attention to detail, Organisation skills, Customer care skills, Problem solving skills, Team working, Initiative, Interest in manufacturing, Learn new skills, Able to work to a plan
Qualifications RequiredGCSE or equivalent Min of Five GCSE's inc Eng,Math, Sci (Grade 4-9 (A* to C)) Essential