We’re independent, so believe in investing in the future and we love home-grown talent. We treat all our people like part of the family - you’ll be respected, trained, coached and encouraged to grow in confidence, to achieve more than you thought you were capable of.
Hourly Wage: Dependent on age 17 - 18: £6.61.
18 - 22: £8.41.
23 and over: £8.96.
We pay 5p above NMW and NLW.
If your ambition is to build a career in a long established, successful family run business, where guests come first and quality is paramount, come and join us as a Chef. We’re independent, so believe in investing in the future and we love home-grown talent. We treat all our people like part of the family - you’ll be respected, trained, coached and encouraged to grow in confidence, to achieve more than you thought you were capable of.
As an Apprentice you will complete a 12 month on the job training programme, - so you can earn whilst you learn with our apprenticeship partner HIT Training. From here you can continue the apprenticeship pathway or McMullen’s own in house training scheme. The successful candidate will undertake the Level 2 Production Chef apprenticeship https://hittraining.co.uk/production-chef-apprenticeship.
We can offer you…
- A competitive salary
- An achievable bonus scheme
- Enhanced rate of pay for working on key Bank Holidays
- A share of gratuities
- 50% discounted meals when you are working
- 25% discount on food and 15% off drinks for you and your friends on your day off
- Fantastic training and career development through McMullen’s GROW Programme if you wish to progress
- A step into a progressive Company who treat people as a name, not a number
- Full chef uniform
- We also offer industry-relevant Apprenticeships if you would like to develop your skills further, so you can earn while you learn
Key Responsibilities of the Role:
- Preparing and serving our menu to a high standard as per company specification to ensure our guests return again and again
- Maintaining food hygiene and health and safety standards within the business and completion of company paperwork with regards to such standards
- Receiving deliveries and maintaining the correct storage of food
- Maintaining and clean and safe kitchen environment
- The right person will have a positive direct approach, good communication skills and the ability to remain calm under pressure
Progression onto a Level 3 apprenticeship or the McMullens Achievement Level 3.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
For more information please visit: https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
- Some kitchen experience would be beneficial
- Good communication skills
- A positive, practical approach
- The ability to work as part of a team
- The ability to remain calm under pressure
- Functional Skills maths and English
- Level 2 Production Chef