Café No 8 are an independent business looking for an Apprentice Production Chef to work as part of our small, friendly team. No experience necessary but you will have a desire to learn about food preparation and presentation, and the wider aspects of how a busy kitchen works. We will be opening in the evenings from mid-November where we will be opening for themed restaurants evenings.
- Preparation of food for the Cafe Menu
- Making breakfast, lunch, patisserie and bakery items
- Health and Hygiene in the kitchen to be prominent
- Following recipes ie Allergies and food-intolerances
- Following instructions from members of staff to complete duties within the kitchen.
- You will also be required to keep up-to-date with all Apprenticeship work, and to have regular meetings (every 4-6 weeks) with the Regional Trainer to discuss your work
This vacancy is for the length of the Apprenticeship.
Please consider how you would travel to the employers premise's bearing in mind the possible start and finish times.
- Passion for food
- Ability to use initiative
- Eager to learn
- Good communicator
- Good standard of personal hygiene
- Ability to work well within a small team
- Good timekeeping
- Production Chef level 2
- Functional skills if required
Apprenticeship standards are aimed at developing skills within the Apprentices’ chosen career route, each standards has set knowledge, skills and behaviours required to be successful within the job role.
Once the apprentice has completed a minimum of 12 months training and the employer and Babcock regional trainer confirm they have met all the requirements of the standard they will be put through to end point assessment. The end point assessment is independent from the training and includes a variety of assessment methods which test the skills and knowledge of the apprentice to ensure they are fully competent in their role.
Each Apprentice will be supported throughout the apprenticeship by a structured programme of teaching, e-learning, face to face training and workplace mentoring; this will encourage and help them to meet the requirements of the new standards and will prepare them for the end of point assessment.