What will the apprentice be doing?
The ideal applicant will be trained to:
- Preparation of raw materials for machining and fabricating.
- CNC Machine preparation and operation.
- Spot welding fabrication.
- Assembly of components and equipment for system builds.
- Sub-component assembly, including metal & plastic materials requiring cutting & jointing.
- Electrical control panel and associated device wiring.
- Assist in the assembly of basic/standard product lines.
- Assist with product stock control duties.
- Assist in maintaining good housekeeping within the workshop & premises as part of the company's health & safety policy.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
You will be working towards gaining your Level 2 Diploma in Manufacturing (knowledge and skills) qualification, including NVQ and functional skills maths and English. This will include work based learning.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
A great opportunity to develop your career with an employer who supports continuing professional development.
Reality CheckMonday - Thursday 7:30am - 5:00pm / Friday 7:30am-12:30pm / 30 min lunch & 2x 30 min breaks / 40 hours per week
Skills RequiredCommunication skills, Attention to detail, Team working, Physical fitness
Qualifications RequiredGCSE or equivalent English (Grade 5-9/C+) Essential
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 5-9/C+) Essential