Primo Play Ltd, based in Dewsbury, is one of the leading manufacturers and distributors of sports goods to the education and leisure markets throughout the UK and Europe.
Job duties will include:
- Receive goods into the premises, confirm accompanying documentation and book onto the inbound entry system
- Ensure stock items are stored in appropriate locations
- Timely and accurately picking and packing of goods to meet delivery timescales
- Manufacture of sports mats, padding including manual stuffing of various heavy-duty PVC covers
- Be able to understand simple production instructions
- Ensure compliance with PPE and Health and Safety policy & procedures
- To ensure that all stock discrepancies are recorded correctly
- Maintain stock records accurately at all times and participate in stock takes
- Ensure that all areas within the warehouse are clean, tidy and in good order
- Undertake duties around the premises and any other task that may be reasonably requested
- Assist in production planning and scheduling
- Raising purchase orders and production job sheets
- Being receptive to new ideas and continual improvements
- Supporting team members and demonstrating flexibility to assist them
Upon completion of the apprenticeship you could progress into full-time employment.
The company may wish to interview applicants before the closing date, resulting in the vacancy being filled before the given date.
- Good timekeeping
- Communication skills
- Keen to learn
- Hard working
- No formal qualifications required
- Level 2 Lean Manufacturing Operative Apprenticeship Standard
Intermediate level 2 Apprenticeship in Lean Manufacturing including NVQ and functional skills maths and English.
Work based learning.