Full Training will be provided leading to progression in your own development and responsibilities. As part of this role you would be required to maintain the distribution of deliveries, control vehicle stocks and communicate with suppliers and colleagues.
The Role includes the following:
Vehicle stock and plant Administration:
- Vehicle Stock control, Stock taking and movement (in excess of 150 vehicles)
- Updating and controlling internal records, using Vixen Database and Desktop Stock Depot Management
- Ordering and issue of Plant and PPE keeping comprehensive records
- Controlling and coordinating deliveries and parts distribution
- Problem solving
- Maintaining and organising the stores to a high workable standard
- Support to other departments
General Company Procurement:
- The successful candidate will expand to support the procurement department in the ordering process
- Working knowledge of our internal systems Desktop/Diary
- Working Knowledge and use of parts identification
- Helping procurement maintain an efficient performance within Smith and Byford
Uniform and Stationary:
- Ordering and issuing uniform and Stationary
- Maintaining Comprehensive records
- Issuing and coordinating returns
- Take Control of the presentation of the car park
- Support departments with the recycling of confidential waste
At the end of the successful completion of the apprenticeship this could lead to a permanent role.
The Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage guide (ANMW): https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
- Organisational skills
- IT literate (outlook, word, excel)
- Proactive working on own initiative
- Team player
- Willing to learn
Level 4 maths and English GCSE or the equivalent.
- Level 3 - Business Administrator
- Functional Skills if required
Full training to be provided by the employer and Nescot College.