Responsibilities will include:
- To provide continuity of care for groups of children, ensuring that each child is provided with a safe, secure, and emotionally and physically stimulating environment and programme of activities in which to develop
- To provide a wide range of enjoyable, stimulating and educational activities for a group of children, this covers all aspects of the child’s individual development
- To encourage maximum quality of care to accommodate the children’s developmental stages in the room area
- To develop their own skills and knowledge of Childcare practice
- To maintain required records of all children’s development, learning and activities. This includes completion of: Tapestry, planning records and any other records requested
- To be fully responsible for the children in your care, providing a consistently safe, secure and stimulating environment
- To work as part of a team with other staff members to ensure the children receive the highest possible standard of childcare
- Ensure that all tasks are carried out to a high standard
- Maintain a high standard of cleanliness within the setting. Promoting hygiene standards through monitoring and supervising of toilet and washing procedure, regular cleaning of toys and equipment and the cleaning of children’s crockery
- Maintain a safe environment for the children, staff and parents/guardians. Minimise hazards and report any faulty equipment or hazards within the working environment
- Assist in the preparation of food and supervise snack times
- To demonstrate good Safeguarding knowledge and expertise; to hold a current, relevant Safeguarding certificate
This is a Monday – Friday term-time only position with the opportunity for additional sessions in our busy holiday club. Hours to be agreed. Logo uniform supplied.
Possible offer of permanent pre-school position subject to successful completion of the course and vacancy availability.
- Good verbal and communication skills with children and other adults
- Good organisational skills
- Administrative and basic IT skills which after training will lead to the ability to write reports and keep clear and accurate records
- Calm and caring nature
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Able to work on own initiative
- Reliable, enthusiastic, and flexible
- A commitment to quality in all areas, with a high level of motivation and enthusiasm
- A creative thinker
- A good sense of humour
- Empathy and understanding of children under five
- Basic understanding of Early Years Foundation stage and child development
Level 2 qualification for Early Years Practitioner (or equivalent) is essential.
GCSEs at grades C/4 or above (or equivalent) in maths and English.
Level 3 Early Years Educator apprenticeship standard, which includes:
- Functional skills in maths and English (if necessary)