Do you enjoy being busy, have the energy and flexibility to deal with a wide variety of different circumstances? If the answer is yes, then you might just be one of our future Apprentice Power Technicians.
- Apprentice Power Technicians are part of our amazing Engineering Services team. They’re the ones that maintain power to our critical equipment within our telephone exchanges and radio sites across the UK, as well as our data centres - basically the ones that allow us to keep doing what we do best, providing telecoms services to the world.
- As an apprentice, you’ll learn maintain and resolve problems with all the power-based kit we need to keep these going.
- You’ll get to grips with a wide variety of equipment, learning how to maintain power supply and air conditioning for our critical apparatus, making sure things work properly for our customers.
- You’ll gain specialised skills so you can fix and maintain engines that keep our network equipment going in the event of a power failure, as well as working on the safety systems that protect our network. It’s an important role, vital to the functioning our network.
- Throughout your apprenticeship, you’ll gain lots of invaluable experience. From day one you’ll join a team of experienced engineers who will support and teach you the skills you need to support our internal power network.
- We’ll teach you the ins and outs of the systems that run our large network, and how to operate them safely and effectively, as well as basic engineering concepts and principles.
- But you’ll also learn how to work efficiently on your own, or as part of a team.
- You’ll learn how to prioritise issues and make sure you’re solving any critical issues first.
And when you complete your apprenticeship; you’ll know how to be an amazing engineer!
- Ability to assimilate into a permanent role with the BT Group on completion of the apprenticeship
- You’ll also need a full driving licence with no more than six points
- We’ll also require you to be able to pass a colour perception test with a wide range of colours
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
For more information please visit: https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
- Bold decision maker
- Inspiring communicator
- Collaborative partner
- Change agent
- Commercial thinker
- Solution focused
- Customer champion
- You’ll need to achieve a minimum of five GCSEs at grades 4-9 (GCSE C or above) including English Language and Maths. However, your Maths GCSE must be at grade 6 (B or above).
- Equivalent qualifications are accepted
- Please note: All of our apprentice schemes are subject to eligibility criteria
As an Apprentice Power Technician, you’ll study for a Level 3 apprenticeship called Maintenance and Operations Engineering Technician Level 3.
- Your apprenticeship scheme will last for three years
- You’ll spend a minimum of 20% of your time learning and studying