As an apprentice, the successful candidate will be expected to work as part of a team and support senior members of the department.
The majority of the Apprentice Polisher and Finisher’s day will be occupied by learning all aspects of polishing, spraying and finishing.
Main duties & responsibilities will include;
- Learning how to apply primers to raw timber and board
- Learning how to apply stains and lacquers
- Learning how to apply tints to achieve specific sheens and colour match
- Learning how to mix raw materials with solvents, which solvents to use and in what proportions
- Learning how to apply filler to holes and timber imperfections and sand over this to achieve a perfect finish
- Knowledge of materials used, such as stains, primers, lacquers, solvents, fillers and tints
- Learning how to competently handle, clean, dismantle and maintain an air fed spray gun
- Safe use of hand tools and machinery within the workshop environment
- To continue onto full time employment
- Keen & willing to learn
- Reliable & punctual
- Good communication skills
- Interest in the industry
- Driving licence preferable but not essential
- Must have good practical ability and a good knowledge of Health & Safety
- No formal qualifications required
- Level 2 Apprenticeship in Furniture Manufacturer, including NVQ and functional skills maths and English. Work based learning.