The below responsibilities would be spread across the 2-years of apprenticeship and will be assessed based on desire to learn and project requirements.
- Work within the software engineering team in learning and developing PLC code for the existing and new products developed by Cerulean
- Understand the software architecture and code base currently used for machine control using Siemens and Beckhoff PLCs
- Learn Aviva Wonderware and develop new features as required for upcoming projects
- Learn and implement SCADA PLC code using Siemens S7 PLC on Simatic and TIA portal
- Learn Beckhoff TwinCat and develop PLC and control code for Beckhoff based machines
- Understand and document the various versions of the Siemens PLC software currently developed
- Help preparing release notes for new software developed and released to production
- Onsite parking
- Generous holiday allowance
- Social events organised by the Company Social Club
We reserve the right to close this advertisement early if we receive a high volume of suitable applications. We advise you to submit your applications early to prevent disappointment.
The opportunity to progress onto Software Engineer roles within Cerulean and/or Coesia group.
- An interest in engineering as a subject with the desire to learn and develop
- Strong desire to learn and develop, using open thinking and able to easily adapt to new ways of working
- Keen interest in software engineering particularly in mechanical and electrical control.
- An inquisitive nature on how machines work
- Experience of engineering activities are advantageous but not necessary
This may include:
- Hobbies or voluntary work like home or school projects involving Raspberry Pi or Arduino
- Previous work experience
- Engineering related school subjects
- Can-do attitude and approach
- Confident in getting involved
- A team player
- Open to new things/adaptable
- Proactive and able to use your initiative
- Able to prioritise your time to achieve results
- Hard working/conscientious
- Takes ownership of own work
A minimum of 5 GSCEs or equivalent (A*- C or 9 - 4) to include English, maths and Science.
IT qualification [level 3] or equivalent with an element of coding or an A level in Computing or maths.
- Software Developer Level 4 Higher Apprenticeship Standard
- Training with Milton Keynes College
- Ongoing training, support and development with the employer