Apprentice Plant Fitter - Intermediate (Level 2)
Clee Hill Plant Ltd
National Construction College
Duties and Responsibilities:
- To undertake service and maintenance tasks under the direct supervision of an experienced mentor commensurate with experience and level of training
- To attend college and complete / submit course work on time and to a high standard
- Complete work based training programme / records in accordance with college requirements
- To undertake additional duties in line with capabilities as required
- Take on additional responsibilities in second and subsequent years of training as agreed with line manager
- To carry out all tasks in compliance with the Company’s Environmental and Health and Safety Procedures ensuring that your workplace, including site work and roadside are safe for you to carry out the work required and that you have taken the necessary precautions to ensure your safety and that of others affected by your actions.
- To conduct all activities in accordance with Company Policy and Procedures
- If a candidate is successful and completes and achieves their apprenticeship up to level 3 they will have goals and objectives set in order for them to achieve Grade B Plant fitter status
- The role can involve working outside in all weathers, physically demanding role
The National Minimum Wage (NMW) for Apprentices is £3.90 per hour rising to £4.15 on 1 April 2020. This applies to 16-18 year old Apprentices and those aged 19 and over in the first year of their Apprenticeship. For all other Apprentices the Apprentice National Minimum wage appropriate to their age applies.
The Wage for Apprentices applies to both time spent on the job plus time spent training.
The Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage guide (ANMW): https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
- Practical Skills
- Interest in Mechanics
- Eager to learn
- The successful candidate will have or be predicted to have GCSE, or equivalent, grade 4 or above (Grade C or above) in maths, English and IT or equivalents (preferred)
- NVQ Diploma in Construction Plant or Machinery Maintenance (Construction)
- Functional skills if needed
Sign up for apprenticeship alerts - its free
People who applied for this apprenticeship also applied for:
This page contains public sector information licensed under the Open Government Licence v3.0. The information provider is the Education and Skills Funding Agency.