- Read, ensure understanding and comply with Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)
- Dispense medication in a timely manner, as stated on prescriptions, maintaining accurate dispensing records and ensuring that the medication is accurately labelled to ensure medicines are correctly and safely supplied
- Dispense Monitored Dosage Systems (MDS) / blister packs and complete the associated documentation as per the associated SOPs where required
- Ensure the highest standards of professional service and care to our patients by offering informed advice on appropriate treatment of minor ailments and products and referring to the pharmacist when necessary
- Fulfil your role as a pharmacy apprentice in all NHS or private pharmacy services provided by your pharmacy
- Complete all NHS and other pharmacy service paperwork accurately and on time
- Ensure that locum pharmacists are briefed in company SOPs
- Undertake the training required by the company to fulfil your role effectively, and ensure a high degree of professionalism
- Keep up to date with current pharmacy practice, new drugs and their uses
- Respect and maintain confidentiality of information concerning customers, colleagues, company policies and statistics in accordance with the Data Protection Act (to be replaced with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) from 25th May 2018)
- Complete audits as requested by the company in a timely manner
- Ensure that customers receive excellent service
- Use the till system to serve customers and be able to complete sales transactions
- Deal with customer complaints and dispensing errors promptly and efficiently in accordance with company policy
- Develop and maintain good relationships with local surgeries, nursing homes, other healthcare professionals and local bodies
- Ensure that the pharmacy always projects a professional image
- Ensure that all areas within the pharmacy are clean, tidy and well organised with special attention to risk management guidelines
- Ensure the floor is kept clean and free from hazards, e.g. boxes/totes
- Follow all company Health & Safety procedures and policies and complete any associated training
- Ensure high standards of pharmacy stock management, reduce stock holding and ensure maximum profitability
- Ensure all orders are checked off accurately, and stock stored with care
- Ensure the date checking procedure is maintained and recorded
The above list is not exhaustive. You may be required to perform other duties, those deemed reasonable by your Manager.
For the right candidate it is hoped the apprentice will be taken on permanently following the apprenticeship.
Sharing your details (GDPR):
Qube Learning will not share any of your personal details with any person or company outside our organisation, except the hiring manager for this specific position. We may share you details with another department within Qube Learning if we feel we could help you with the many other training opportunities we offer.
- Good communication skills
- Teamwork skills
GCSEs at grades C/4 or above (or equivalent) in maths and English.
Level 2 Retailer apprenticeship standard, which includes:
- Level 1/2 Functional Skills in maths and English (if required)
- End-Point Assessment (EPA)
- National Pharmacy association qualifications (Counter assistant & Medical dispensing)