An exciting new role, the Apprentice Personal Assistant will provide effective administrative support to the Directors, Executive Personal Assistant and Legal & Commercial Contracts Advisor.
This role will be directed and overseen by the Executive Personal Assistant to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO).
- Copy, scan and return to originator all contract documents or papers as requested
- Establish accurate and robust paper and electronic filing systems
- Opening and dealing with the Directors post
- Booking meeting rooms, equipment, and catering. Ensure meeting rooms are prepared for meetings and always clean and tidy
- Receiving telephone calls in a timely and professional manner
- Invite attendees, collate and circulate meeting papers, handouts and distribute Board and meeting minutes
- Assisting with organising meetings and events
- Develop accurate minute taking skills
- Handling petty cash or cheques, raising and processing invoices, raising purchase orders, maintaining accounts
- Travel management - organising travel as directed, including accommodation arrangements
- Develop expertise and knowledge of administrative systems, such as processing expenses
- Provide an efficient and professional customer focused first point of contact
- Contribute to internal or external communications
Work is predominantly covered by guidelines and procedures, but you will be expected to use your own initiative e.g. when resolving enquiries or prioritising your work.
The Executive Personal Assistant and Legal & Commercial Contracts Advisor will be available for direction and guidance on more difficult problems.
There is excellent opportunity for the right person upon successful completion of the Apprenticeship programme.
The role is office based, mainly working on a computer.
- Demonstrate a strong understanding of confidentiality and data protection requirements within the workplace
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft packages, e.g. Word, Excel and Outlook etc.
- Accurate keyboard skills for use in producing a wide range of documents
- Attention to detail, producing accurate, good quality documents Knowledge and use of general office equipment
- Ability to maintain accurate records
- Understand customer needs and how to deliver a good service experience
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge of own and team responsibilities for health and safety Accurate note taking skills
- Demonstrate a positive attitude, commitment and enthusiasm Professional and polite when dealing with colleagues and customers
- Build and maintain excellent relationships with a range of people including colleagues and customers
- Excellent organisational skills
- Works effectively on their own initiative and has a flexible approach to be part of a team
- Ability to deal with sensitive and confidential business information Ability to plan and organise own workload, taking responsibility for delivery of tasks
- Ability to remain calm under pressure
- Attention to detail
- GCSE, or equivalent, in maths and English Grade C+/5 equivalent, or above
- Full UK Driving Licence
- Level 3 Business Administrator Apprenticeship
- Functional skills if needed