What will the apprentice be doing?
Are you looking to take the first career step into financial services?
Do you want to study an industry recognised apprentice qualification, in a supportive and friendly work environment?
As part of recruitment process, we will ensure that you have the opportunity to find everything you need to know about the role and Barnett Waddingham so that you can be sure it is the right career path for you.
The apprenticeship role is varied, and you will be involved in a range of tasks at all levels from opening the post to assisting with project based work for business wide initiatives. Some aspects of your role will require problem solving skills while other tasks will be routine and require high levels of accuracy and attention to detail.
A snapshot of the daily work responsibilities will include:
- Attending team meetings to understand the priorities and offering support as required
- The preparation of computer-generated benefit calculations and related correspondence
- Communicating with clients, their members and advisers via email, letter and telephone
- Process client pensioner payrolls, including calculations of net pay, arranging payments, liaison with tax offices and preparation of year end returns
What You’ll Gain:
We are looking to offer our Pension Administration Apprentices long-term career opportunities on satisfactory completion of the apprenticeship programme. This is a fantastic opportunity to develop your career within an organisation recently rated as among the 100 best companies to work for with excellent benefits and progression opportunities.
Full support will be given to the candidates in taking other professional exams. Further career opportunities are available throughout the firm with many employees progressing to client account managers and line management roles.
Core & Flexible Benefits:
- Competitive discretionary annual bonus
- Core benefits paid for by BW including life assurance, group income protection, private medical cover and 25 days holiday per year with holiday trading
- A generous pension scheme where we contribute 8% of your salary from day one of your employment
- Employee assistance programme to support you and your family through any concerns or challenges you may experience
- A comprehensive range of voluntary benefits to suit your life stage and lifestyle including a tech scheme, cycle to work scheme, dental cover, healthcare cash plan, health assessments, critical illness cover, extension of private medical cover or life assurance to family members, gym membership, travel insurance and a broad range of discounts at hundreds of retailers including supermarkets, fitness centres, travel and leisure companies
- Fresh fruit, hot and cold drinks provided free of charge in all of our offices
Giving Something Back:
- 1 paid volunteering day per year as a commitment to our corporate social investment
- Support your favourite charity with the "Give as You Earn" option
- Match-funding for individuals raising money for a recognised charity
Our corporate social investment programme is an integral part of what we do and is focused on ensuring that our overall impact is a positive one. We recognise that we have an impact that goes beyond our core activities.
Values: our values are principled, respect, quality and partnership - they are important to us and we want them to be important to you as well.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Full apprenticeship training provided, working towards a Level 3 Workplace pensions (administrator or consultant) apprenticeship standard.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Possible progression within the company and progression onto the next level apprenticeship.
Skills RequiredAttention to detail, Organisation skills, Customer care skills, Organised, Methodical, Enjoys working with numbers, A positive attitude, Keen to develop new skills
Qualifications RequiredGCSE or equivalent English (Grade A*-C/9-4) Essential
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade A*-C/9-4) Essential
A Level or equivalent 2 or more in any subject (Grade Pass) Desired