Apprentice Pension Administrator (31436) - Advanced (Level 3)
Barnett Waddingham Llp
The Growth Company
We are looking to offer apprenticeships in Amersham, Bristol, Bromsgrove, Cheltenham, Leeds and Liverpool. Please note that this role is due to start in September 2020.
Barnett Waddingham is a partner led business which prides itself in providing straightforward and well communicated pensions advice in a supportive and friendly environment. Our growth has been significant since 1989 and we aim to continue this by recruiting employees who will share in Barnett Waddingham’s enthusiasm and innovation.
To see more please visit our apprentice website:
Are you hungry to develop new skills and enjoy a challenge?
Does the opportunity to work towards professional qualifications excite you?
If the answer is yes, we would love to hear from you!
See below what life at Barnett Waddingham could be like for you.
Daily activities will involve:
- Prepare computer generated benefit calculations and related correspondence
- Maintain the member database
- Communicate with clients, their members and advisers
- Liaising with banks and investment managers as appropriate
- Process client pensioner payrolls, including calculations of net pay, arranging payments, liaison with tax offices and preparation of year end returns.
- Prepare manual calculations to develop an understanding of pensions
- Assist with project-based work for business wide initiatives
- Manage and prioritise your own work to ensure service levels are achieved
What you’ll gain:
We are looking to offer long-term career opportunities to candidates on satisfactory completion of the apprenticeship programme. Full support will be given to the candidates in taking other professional exams. Further career opportunities are available throughout the firm with many employees progressing to Client Account Managers and line management roles.
How we will support you:
Full training and support will be provided by our experienced team and dedicated training and learning and development team. Our mentor scheme will provide day-to-day support and advice to guide you through every aspect of the role.
New applicants to The Growth Company who meet any basic entry requirements of the role will be contacted within two working days to be invited to meet a member of our team. You will then have the opportunity to find out:
- More about this vacancy and any others you are suitable for
- Any training you need to complete
- What the next steps will be
Possible progression within the company and progression onto the next level apprenticeship.
- Computer literate
- Ability to use own initiative
- Strong written and verbal skills
- Able to follow instructions
- Good problem-solving skills
- Good organisational skills
- Customer focused
- Keen to develop new skills and enjoy a challenge
- Build strong and effective client and team working relationships
- Strong work ethic
- Positive attitude, pro-active and organised approach
- Attention to detail
You will need at least five GCSEs at grades A*-C/9-4 (or equivalent) including maths and English.
Full apprenticeship training provided, working towards an Advanced Level Workplace Pensions Administrator apprenticeship standard.
Sign up for apprenticeship alerts - its free
People who applied for this apprenticeship also applied for:
This page contains public sector information licensed under the Open Government Licence v3.0. The information provider is the Education and Skills Funding Agency.