Apprentice Pension Administrator - Advanced (Level 3)
BARNETT WADDINGHAM ACTUARIES AND CONSULTANTS LIMITED
THE GROWTH COMPANY LIMITED
What will the apprentice be doing?
Daily activities will involve:
- Prepare computer generated benefit calculations and related correspondence
- Maintain the member database
- Communicate with clients, their members and advisers
- Liaising with banks and investment managers as appropriate
- Process client pensioner payrolls, including calculations of net pay, arranging payments, liaison with tax offices and preparation of year end returns.
- Prepare manual calculations to develop an understanding of pensions
- Assist with project based work for business wide initiatives
- Manage and prioritise your own work to ensure service levels are achieved
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
You will study for professional qualifications through the Pensions Management institute. The qualifications to be studied for are the Workplace Pensions Administrator/Consultant Level 3.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
What you’ll gain
We are looking to offer long-term career opportunities to candidates on satisfactory completion of the apprenticeship programme. Full support will be given to the candidates in taking other professional exams. Further career opportunities are available throughout the firm with many employees progressing to Client Account Managers and line management roles.
How we will support you
Full training and support will be provided by our experienced team and dedicated training and learning and development team. Our mentor scheme will provide day-to-day support and advice to guide you through every aspect of the role.
Skills RequiredCommunication skills, IT skills, Attention to detail, Organisation skills, Problem solving skills, Administrative skills, Number skills, Analytical skills, Strong work ethic
Qualifications RequiredGCSE or equivalent English (Grade 4/C or above) Essential
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4/C or above) Essential
Sign up for apprenticeship alerts - its free
People who applied for this apprenticeship also applied for:
This page contains public sector information licensed under the Open Government Licence v3.0. The information provider is the Education and Skills Funding Agency.