Finham Park School, is an excellent local school with a high academic performance. The school was graded as ‘outstanding’ by OFSTED. The school would like to offer the exciting opportunity for one PE apprentice for a undergraduate of Sports Exercise Science, Exercise Nutrition and Health and Sports Therapy. You would join Finham Park’s busy thriving Physical Education Department in the exciting role of ‘Apprentice P.E. Teacher’. The work experience will be on the basis of a 18 month contract (can be condensed and completed in 12), working 37 hours a week, term time only plus 1 week.
This experience is ideally suited to students with an interest in pursuing a career in education and teaching. This role would further enhance your knowledge and relevant experience. The school is a local centre of excellence and provides ITT (initial teacher training). This is a great opportunity for a gap year student, and you will have the opportunity to shadow the department.
The Learning Mentor Apprenticeships provide practical, technical and/or pastoral support and guidance. Learning Mentors collaborate closely with colleagues, other Education and Training professionals and employers to meet learners’ development needs towards achieving their potential. A Learning Mentor Apprentice supports the development of their learner’s knowledge, skills and behaviours, throughout their learning programme, particularly around the application of theoretical knowledge within practical working environments. On completion of this apprenticeship, you will hold a Level 3 Learning Mentor Apprenticeship.
- Will be attached to a mentor group and classes
- To further raise the profile and enjoyment of sport within the school community
- To support and coach teaching staff in the delivery and planning of quality skills-based PE sessions
- To support the PE Leader in organising the participation of students in school activities, school clubs and school tournaments/competitions (both internal and external
- To manage and train a school team(s)
- To assist in equipment preparation for lessons
- Play an active part in lessons, putting the theory learnt in to practice
- To assist the PE Leader with the purchase of PE resources
- To undertake training and Performance management
- To understand and apply school policies
- To maintain confidentiality inside and outside the workplace
- Upkeep of PE store cupboards
- Sports Administration: photocopying, filing and team sheets etc.
- We believe that by working in our school community you will be equipped with a wide range of skills and experiences that will allow you to be prepared for future employment
- Confident building and maintaining relationships with young adults
- Works well with other people
- Ability to follow instructions and complete tasks set
- Able to work using own initiative
- Able to communicate effectively in spoken or written form
- Well organised
- Able to use ICT – word processing, emails, internet
- Aware of Safeguarding when working with young people
- Basic knowledge of First Aid if possible
- Awareness of Health and Safety issues
- Organised, self-motivated and enthusiastic.
- Sense of humour.
- Willingness to work as part of the PE Team
- Enthusiastic and passionate about sport
- Able to work on own initiative
- Confident and effective communicator
- GCSE maths and English Grade A*-C/9-4 or equivalent
Level 3 Learning Mentor Apprenticeship Standard:
- Functional Skills in maths and English (if required)
- Impact training