- Assist on the Parts Trade Counter to advise & supply parts to private and business customers
- Handle parts purchase financial transactions including administration
- Assist on the workshop counter to supply internal parts to a team of Technicians
- Handle parts enquiries by phone and email
- Source products via the manufacturer
- Advise retail customers on availability of parts & delivery time scales
- Ensure all parts are logged in & out using the dealership computer system
- Deliver a professional & efficient service to all customers & colleagues
- Work closely with the Parts Manager and Parts Advisors to ensure smooth running of the Parts Department
- Carry out parts stock takes and audits
- Maintain an orderly and tidy parts department
Scania Haydock Commercials believe in providing an extensive, high quality Apprenticeship which gives their Apprentices the opportunity to advance, succeed and fulfil their ambitions for a career in the motor industry.
The competition for apprenticeship placements is strong so please ensure your application is tailored to the type of apprenticeship you are applying for, pay attention to presentation, spelling and grammar and include any relevant experience, hobbies/interests or qualifications.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week). For more information please visit: https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
- Excellent telephone manner
- Team player, with the ability to work with colleagues at all levels
- Good communication, active listening and interpersonal skills
- Good I.T. skills
We want to identify those people that are ambitious and demonstrate a willingness to learn, who are excited by the prospect of working in the automotive industry and want to deliver great customer service.
GCSE English & maths Grades 3+ (D, equivalent or above) are a requirement for this role. A full, clean driving licence is desirable as you may be asked to move vehicles on site.
The main purpose of the customer service specialist is to be a 'professional' for direct customer support within all sectors and organisations types. You are an advocate of Customer Service who acts as a referral point for dealing with more technical or complex customer requests, complaints and queries.
You are often an escalation point for complicated or ongoing customer problems. As an expert in your organisation's products and/or services, you share knowledge with your wider team and colleagues. You gather and analyse data and customer information that influences change and improvements in service. Utilising both organisational and generic IT systems to carry out your role with an awareness of other digital technologies. This could be in many types of environment, including contact centres, retail, or any customer service point.
The qualification is aimed at individuals more advanced in their inter-personal skills and with experience of working with customers.
The Customer Service Specialist Level 3 qualification will include Function Skills at Level 2 unless exemptions apply. Completion will lead to eligibility to join the Institute of Customer Service as an Individual membership at Professional Level.