If you enjoy working with people, like the idea of working hard to meet customer’s needs, enjoy working with computers and communication systems, then this is an exciting opportunity for you.
The Apprentice Parts Advisor coordinates all parts sales to ensure that customers and Technicians are always able to have the parts they require when they need them.
- Using the company’s sophisticated computer system to log stock movements and produce orders
- Liaising with colleagues and customers
- Developing selling skills to improve parts sales performance and dealing with enquiries from both trade and retail customers
Your apprenticeship will last approximately 2 years. During this time you will attend block release training at the Atcham Training Centre for a maximum of 5 weeks. For the remaining weeks you will be working full time in a The Dealerships Parts Department.
A competent Parts Advisor has many transferable skills. As a fully qualified Parts Advisor, you will have access to further development opportunities within the company.
As a fully qualified Parts Advisor, you will have access to further development opportunities within the company.
- If you find people interesting; enjoy working with computers and related systems and enjoy a fast paced, constantly challenging environment, you’ll love this job
Possible negative points:
- This is a sales and marketing role. It requires focus and an ability to work very well with people from a variety of backgrounds
- You will be expected to work Saturdays on a rota basis
- Computer literate
- Well organised
- Ability to deal with different types of customers
- Good listener
- Team player
- Willing to study hard
- Ideally you will be have or be predicted good GCSEs in English, maths and science (or equivalent qualifications) although these are not essential
- You must however be literate and numerate
If you are successful you will be awarded:
- Level 2 Retailer Apprenticeship Standard
This will take approximately 24 months to complete. In total, across the Advanced Apprenticeship, you will attend a maximum of 5 weeks of residential “off the job” training. All accomidate and travel costs are covered by the employer.