What will the apprentice be doing?
- Serve the workshop staff to assist in the smooth running of our Service Department
- Understand and learn how to unload and check off daily stock orders, ordered from the Manufacturer
- Maintaining a clean and orderly Parts Department, with regular stock checks
- Learn to serve Retail customers, to understand their requirements and advise appropriately
- Maintaining and updating accessory displays as per Manufacturer standards
- Work to support the Parts team to achieve the department targets.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
The qualification is aimed at individuals more advanced in their interpersonal skills and with experience of working with customers.
The Customer Service Specialist Level 3 qualification will include Function Skills at Level 2 unless exemptions apply.
Completion will lead to eligibility to join the Institute of Customer Service as an Individual membership at Professional Level.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
This can lead to a full-time position with ongoing training, working for one of the largest Dealer Groups in the South East in the country.
With over 50 Dealerships and 10 world-class leading Brands, there is a big opportunity for diverse work and internal promotions.
Reality CheckDo you meet the requirements of the role? Have you got a full, clean driving license as you will be required to deliver / collect parts to customers Can you manage on the salary? Are you willing to commit to the length of the apprenticeship (15 months total) Have you considered the time / cost of transport to and from work each day.
Skills RequiredCommunication skills, IT skills, Attention to detail, Organisation skills, Customer care skills, Problem solving skills, Administrative skills, Logical, Team working, Initiative, Non judgemental, Patience, Physical fitness
Qualifications RequiredGCSE or equivalent English (Grade 3/D) Essential
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 3/D) Essential
Other Driving Licence (Grade Full) Essential