The job will involve multiple roles, supporting fee earners, including:
- The role will involve supporting the lawyers in the Real Estate Team with their work
- Land Registry applications and administration
- Filing Stamp Duty Land Tax returns
- Helping fee earners with project management on larger deals
- Deeds administration
- Managing larger client extranet portals
- Assisting in specific legal tasks under appropriate supervision
- You will be working with your colleagues to support our clients who comprise of developers and investors from across the Real Estate sector
- As your experience grows the opportunity will be there to expand the role to assist lawyers in more complex elements of transactions
- Communicating with clients, other firms of solicitors and third parties by telephone or in writing including taking basic client instructions and providing case updates when appropriate
- Achieve time recording and fee income targets to ensure profitable working
- Ensuring compliance with the firms’ policies and procedures
- Attending appropriate training events as and when required
- Conducting Legal Research as requested by members of the team
- Completing relevant administration duties including photocopying, scanning documents, amending documentation, filing, archiving and file maintenance
Many people accept permanent roles with us after completing their apprenticeship. We’ll help you develop your skills further and you will have opportunities to advance to more senior positions. Wherever your career takes you, you’ll have an industry-recognised qualification and training from one of the UK’s top law firms as proof of your skills and knowledge.
Working hours are 9:00am to 5:00pm but there is the opportunity to work flexibly.
Annual Salary: £17,290.
Assessment Events are earmarked to take place mid – late May.
The team in Crawley has 5 partners and 10 fee earners. They deal with residential and commercial development as well as investment (buying and selling commercial properties) and landlord and tenant work.
The Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage guide (ANMW): https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Excellent time management and organisational skills
- Proficient in IT packages including Microsoft Word, Office and Excel
- A strong desire to work within in a legal environment
- Discretion and ability to work in a confidential environment, dealing with sensitive and confidential situations appropriately
- 5 GCSEs or equivalents at grades 4 to 7 (A to C), including mathematics and English
- 3 A levels at grade A to C (excluding General Studies)
- Paralegal Level 3
- Functional Skills Level 2 in maths, English and ICT