Your main responsibilities within the department will include the following:
This is a superb opportunity for you to gain an insight into commercial contracts and data protection law and develop your skills and expertise within a supportive team.
You'll join a team that advises organisation son commercial contracts, particularly those in the tech sector and GDPR. It is a fast-paced area of law where no two days are likely to be the same.
The role involves:
- Assisting with drafting and commenting on contracts together with a considerable amount of research on new and developing law in the tech and privacy sector
- Communicating with clients, other firms of solicitors and third parties by telephone or inwriting including taking basic client instructions and providing case updates when appropriate
- Achieve time recording and fee income targets to ensure profitable working
- Ensuring compliance with the firms policies and procedures
- Attending appropriate training events as and when required
- Conducting Legal Research as requested by members of the team
- Completing relevant administration duties including photocopying, scanning documents, amending documentation, filing, archiving and file maintenance
Many people accept permanent roles with us after completing their apprenticeship. We’ll help you develop your skills further and you will have opportunities to advance to more senior positions. Wherever your career takes you, you’ll have an industry-recognised qualification and training from one of the UK’s top law firms as proof of your skills and knowledge.
Annual Salary of £17,290.
Assessment Events are earmarked to take place mid – late May.
The closing date is 30th of April 2021 and we reserve the right to close the advert earlier should we receive an unprecedented number of applications.
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Excellent time management and organisational skills
- Good IT skills - knowledge of Microsoft Office packages e.g. Word, Office, and Excel
- A strong desire to work within in a legal environment
- Discretion and ability to work in a confidential environment, dealing with sensitive and confidential situations appropriately
- Ability to work well in a business environment
- Ability to work at speed whilst maintaining accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to be flexible to suit the needs of the department
- Ability to work as an effective team member
- Ability to work under close supervision and also be able to work under your own initiative
- Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines
5 GCSEs at grades A-C/9-4 (or equivalent) including maths and English.
3 A levels at grade A-C excluding General Studies (or equivalent).
Level 3 Paralegal apprenticeship standard, which includes:
- Level 2 Functional Skills in maths and English (if required)
- End-Point Assessment (EPA)