Working on a variety of sites, you will get the opportunity to put your new skills into practice under the expert guidance of our experienced tradespeople. A mentor will support you along the way and help you to develop the skills and behaviours needed to progress in your career.
You will carry out a range of tasks including
- Preparing surfaces for decoration, using a variety of application methods and products to create the desired finish on both external and internal projects
- You could be working on commercial sites or in domestic dwellings
To apply, please go to https://careers.ianwilliams.co.uk/ and complete the application questions and attach your CV. It is important you answer the questions in as much detail as possible, the more detail you provide will increase your chance of being invited to interview.
Potential for permanent employment as a qualified tradesperson.
We are looking for apprentices who will, in time, progress through the company and support our business plan to build a pipeline of talent.
Entry to our apprenticeship scheme will involve an interview and an assessment.
Postcodes have been provided to give you an idea of the location you will need to get to, but the role will involve travel to different site locations.
- Practical & co-ordination skills
- Ability to follow written instructions
- Numerical accuracy
- Good communication/interpersonal skills
- You should have a genuine passion for painting and decorating and practical work
- You need to have a positive attitude and a commitment to building your career
- You will also need GCSE (or equivalent) grade 4/C or above in maths and English
Training Provider to be confirmed.
Apprenticeship standard – Painter & Decorator Level 2.
On and off the job training leading to the recognised industry standard.