Working on a variety of sites, you will get the opportunity to put your new skills into practice under the expert guidance of our experienced tradespeople. A mentor will support you along the way and help you to develop the skills and behaviours needed to progress in your career.
You will carry out a range of tasks including:
- Preparing surfaces for decoration
- Using a variety of application methods and products to create the desired finish on both external and internal projects
- Adhering to Health & Safety at all times
- Adhering to clean-as-you-go at all times
- Customer relations & communication skills
- Time Management
- Being able to keep to deadlines
- Keeping tools clean and in good condition
- Working as part of a team, assisting team members with the daily plans
Potential career progression will be considered.
Entry to our apprenticeship scheme will involve an interview and an assessment.
- Good communication skills
- Good attention to detail
- You should have a genuine passion for painting and decorating and practical work
- You need to have a positive attitude and a commitment to building your career
You will also need GCSE (or equivalent) grade 4 or above in maths and English.
- Painter and Decorator Standard Level 2
- Functional skills if required
All training to be provided by City College Plymouth alongside the employer.