What will the apprentice be doing?
We are looking to expand our team and have a vacancy for an Apprentice Paint Technician where you will learn and develop the skills required to fulfil the role of a Paint Technician, including:
- Learning about finishing materials such as fillers and understanding their application techniques
- Learning drying and curing techniques
- Learning about hand tools, their applications and developing the skills to use them
- Learning how to measure and mark-out materials
- Understanding substrates such as metal (steel/alloy), carbon fibre and glass reinforced plastic so that you can decide which processes to use
- Safe handling and management of solvents, high voltage components and other areas of significant risk
- Calculating paint volumes
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
You will be studying towards your Level 3 Vehicle Damage Paint Technician qualification, 1 day per week at Northampton College.
There are no entry requirements for this course but if you don't have GCSE Standard Maths and English grades A (4) to C (9) then you must be prepared to study and achieve these as part of your apprenticeship.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
This is a great opportunity for someone looking to start their engineering career. Our apprentices are very much part of our RML family and this certainly isn't an apprenticeship where you will be doing the same thing every day.
The position will be offered initially on a fixed-term basis for the duration of the apprenticeship training (36 months). At the end of the apprenticeship we will discuss any permanent positions we have available and the opportunity for further studies.
Skills RequiredAttention to detail, Creative, Patience, Keen to learn, Model/kit building
Qualifications RequiredGCSE or equivalent Maths and English (Grade C or 4 and above) Desired