The Apprentice Paint Refinisher to train/work alongside existing skilled staff in the Paint department reporting to the workshop controller or depot manager daily. In addition to training and assisting in the paint department you will carry out general housekeeping duties.
You will mainly work with a chosen mentor in the paint department with duties to include:
- Preparation – stripping, sanding, and masking
- Etching and priming areas to be treated
- Colour matching and mixing
- Paint application techniques including spray booth technology
- Buffing and polishing methods
- Paint defect corrections
Sustained employment with advanced training for the candidate prepared to work hard and develop their skills.
- Communication skills
- Team building skills
- Problem-solving skills
- Good level of physical fitness
- Hard working, with a desire to learn
- Self-motivated and good use of initiative
4 GCSEs at grades A*-C/9-4 (or equivalent) in English Language & maths.
Level 3 Vehicle Damage Paint Technician apprenticeship standard, which includes:
- Level 2 Functional Skills in maths and English (if required)
- End-Point Assessment (EPA)
- Attend Sheffield College - Olive Grove Campus 1 day per week in term time