Apprentice Nursery Teacher - Intermediate (Level 2)
NORTH LONDON DAY NURSERIES LIMITED
Paragon Training Academy Ltd
Monkey Puzzle East Finchley is an Ofsted rated "Outstanding" setting that provides childcare from children aged from 3 months to 5 years.
During your apprenticeship your duties will include but are not limited to:
- To undertake a range of practical tasks to support the running of the nursery
- To work effectively and professionally with other staff in the nursery to ensure the nurseries policies and procedures are implemented consistently
- To assist in providing a high standard of quality care and education, ensuring the needs of individual children are met, including those from a variety of cultures and religious backgrounds and stages of development
- With guidance from senior staff plan an environment and learning experiences which promote the principals set out in the EYFS
- Interact with the children in order to help to extend their learning experiences in all areas
- With the support of senior staff, build and maintain close and secure relationships with children, ensuring their care, health and well-being are promoted at all times
- Keep observational records of children, with guidance use them to inform planning. Share with parents and other staff as appropriate
- With guidance from senior staff support children in developing their personal and social skills and in making relationships with other children through modelling positive behaviour
- To support children in the nursery with their play and social development
- With guidance implement advice from professional or specialist support staff involved in the children’s care and education, with particular reference to key children. (These may include social workers, health visitors, language support staff, speech therapists, educational psychologists and physiotherapists)
- To help children with feeding, changing clothes, nappies, toileting etc
- To assist in ensuring mealtimes provide a positive social experience for the children
- Develop and maintain close, supportive relationships with parents and carers
- Ensure nursery safeguarding procedures are adhered to as necessary
- To comply with the nurseries Equal Opportunities policy at all times
- To comply with the nurseries Health and Safety policy at all times
- To help maintain hygienic standards at all times
- Report and record accidents and incidents in accordance with the nurseries policies
- Attend training courses as required
- Attend staff meetings as required
- Attend parent’s evenings as required
- Undertake any other duties appropriate to the post as directed by a senior member of staff
Staff are expected to provide support for each other, to cover for each other’s areas of work during absences, to share information and to contribute generally to the smooth running of the nursery. Staff may also be required to undertake other duties within their capabilities.
Permanent employment upon successful completion of apprenticeship and probationary period.
- You will gain experience within and contribute to an "outstanding" setting
- We consider a wide range of shift patterns (full time, part time, job share, tern time only etc)
- You will have 1 hour paid lunch break and 15 minute rest break each day (if working a full day).
- You will have an annual salary review
- We provide a staff discount card which gives discounts from hundreds of high street shops and retailers.
- We have a monthly £50 voucher reward for our Star of the Month as nominated by your colleagues.
- We run a employee pension scheme
- We offer comprehensive training on mandatory and professional development courses
- You can have an additional bonus day - off "Birthday Bonus" or "Festive Fun day".
- We offer a loyalty reward scheme for long term members of staff
- We are members of the Bike 2 Work Scheme
- We provide a wide range of activities for our children including regular outings and Forest School
- We conduct annual staff satisfaction questionnaires
- We run a staff well being programme
- We have a summer social and Christmas Social event every year.
- We have fantastic transport links and free staff parking.
Able to communicate effectively and professionally with colleagues and parents/family's
- Able to use own initiative
- Love children and interacting with them
- Hard working
GCSE's or equivalent passes are preferred but not essential as Functional Skills in maths and English will be completed.
PARAGON SKILLS have the ENERGY & EXPERIENCE to give you the EDGE in kick starting your career. Our Learning and Development Coaches will deliver outstanding teaching and learning to help ENERGISE you to complete your apprenticeship training and leave you confident to EXECUTE tasks to the highest standard.
Paragon will provide the training for this apprenticeship within your company’s site therefore there is no need for you to attend an outside training facility at any time.f
On completion of this apprenticeship you will receive:
- Early Years practitioner Level 2 Standard
- Functional Skills in maths, English & ICT Employment (if required)
- Rights & Responsibilities
- Personal Learning & Thinking Skills.
Sign up for apprenticeship alerts - its free
People who applied for this apprenticeship also applied for:
This page contains public sector information licensed under the Open Government Licence v3.0. The information provider is the Education and Skills Funding Agency.