Our practitioners are passionate and confident about working with children in such a way that engages and stimulates them and helps them progress in learning life skills. Good communication skills with children, parents and colleagues are required as well as the ability to work in a thriving team and a willingness to learn.
The successful applicant will also actively promote and support the safeguarding of children and young people in the workplace, ensuring nursery policies and procedures are observed at all times. Full training will be given in this area.
- Excellent rates of pay
- Up to 28 days’ holiday entitlement including bank holidays (increasing to 31 after 2 years)
- Flexible working hours
- Continuing professional development, training and support for all levels and qualifications
We are a small chain of family run day nurseries in Bristol offering flexible childcare. We are an equal opportunities employer.
We are committed to safeguard and promote the welfare of children and young people. Full DBS (enhanced and check of the barred list) and reference checks are made for all our staff. All roles are exempt from the provisions of Section 4 (2) of the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974.
Bristol Childcare is proud of its family ethos and staff retention rate: 1 member of staff has worked for us for 30 years and we have many other staff who have worked for us for more than 10 years. Come and join us!
Find out more about us at www.bristolchildcare.co.uk
Possible progression for the right candidate
- You will be based at the setting full time so please ensure you are able to travel to and from on a daily basis
- All offers will be subject to a satisfactory DBS being carried out
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week). For more information please visit: https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
- Confident working with children
- Good communication skills
- The ability to work in a team
- Passionate about a career in childcare
- Willingness to learn
Grades 4 - 9/A-C English and maths preferred.
- Early Years Educator Level 3
- Functional skills if required