What will the apprentice be doing?
This is an exciting opportunity for an Apprentice Nursery Practitioner to join our setting in Portchester. You will be required to start a Level 3 Diploma whilst working. Study time will be provided,
The key areas of responsibilities are;
* Caring for and providing a stimulating learning environment for children.
* Effectively communicating with parents, carers, staff and other professionals.
* Engaging in reflective practice and implementing new effective strategies for teaching and learning.
* Is aware and implements strategies to safeguard all children in their care.
* Ability to independently manage observation, assessment and planning cycle for children.
Big Discoveries are committed to children’s wellbeing and safeguarding. The successful candidate will require an enhanced DBS check and two suitable references.
*We take our safeguarding responsibilities seriously and successful appointment to this role will depend on the results of relevant checks*
* By submitting this application you are consenting to Fareham College retaining this and any future information you provide us with, and you are consenting to us sharing your data with relevant employers and agencies, in order to support your apprenticeship search. For details of Fareham Colleges data protection and data processes please visit www.fareham.ac.uk/data-protection-policy *
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Qualification/s to be obtained:
Early Years Educator Level 3 & a First Aid Qualification
The training will be delivered by Business Plus at Fareham College, an Ofsted Outstanding College. Your training will be delivered Day Release, and you will attend Fareham College. The schedule of this day release is to be confirmed.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Depending on the Nursery circumstances there is potential for a position at the end of the apprenticeship.
Reality CheckApplicants must be willing to play/ teach indoors and outdoors in all weathers. COVID-19 considerations: additional cleaning measures
Skills RequiredCommunication skills, Team working, Creative, Initiative, Non judgemental, Patience
Qualifications RequiredGCSE or equivalent English (Grade C/4) Essential
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade C/4) Essential