Looking to start your career in Early Years? We are looking for people who want to work towards a Level 2 in childcare. This is a fantastic opportunity to start your career within a group of outstanding nurseries with the prospect to gain further responsibility and promotion once qualified.
Why work with us? Because Hopscotch values its staff.
- Hopscotch offers an excellent salary, among the highest in the area. £14,652.30 - £19,845.80
- Closed for a week at Christmas. Our holiday leave is generous
- Hopscotch has an ethos of promoting from within – we will always select an eligible member of staff rather than by external recruitment
- Training: Hopscotch offers an excellent training schedule – from the moment you join us, your training won’t stop
- Social Events: Our nurseries are happy, friendly places to work and give staff immense job satisfaction. There are many opportunities for social events – fun and theme days, theatre visits, charity fund raising, park and farm visits, to name but a few
- Nursery Environment: All our nurseries are outstanding, they have soft play areas with ball pools, excellent learning resources and Imagination Playrooms. You will be trained by experienced staff with who also love working with children
- To implement and promote all Hopscotch policies and the Staff Rules
- To have an understanding of children's development, their needs and the provision of positive play
- To demonstrate a genuine care for children
- To care for and supervise the group of children assigned to them
- To ensure their safety at all times
- To take an interest in the children and their families, to treat them as individuals and with respect at all times
- To create an interesting and stimulating environment for the child to develop all their skills
- To provide at all times a warm and caring environment for babies and to be as consistent as possible
- regarding that environment
- To provide support for any children with special needs and to liaise with senior members of staff to promote their welfare and development
- To ensure positive management of children’s behaviour
- To carry out housekeeping duties as appropriate
- To ensure the ethos, implementation and legal requirements of the Early Years Foundation Stage
- To support a commitment to the theory and practice of equal opportunities
- To ensure an adherence to the health and safety policy relating to the provision of play
- To support senior members of staff to ensure put appropriate Child Protection procedures into practice
- To ensure that all information pertaining to Hopscotch, its operation, children, staff and parents remains confidential
- To support all co-ordinators e.g. Sendco and equal opportunities in their duties
- To be flexible and adaptable, to assist in all areas of nursery work and to provide support for other members of staff
- To assist in the keeping of development records and observations, and accident, incident and risk assessment records as appropriate
- To be able to think and act quickly in a stressful or emergency situation, and to be aware of the correct procedures
- To attend staff meetings and training courses as directed by senior managers
- To attend regular out of hours training sessions as directed by course tutors in order to complete Level 2 Childcare Qualification
- To work as part of that team and contribute positively to the staff team. To provide a role model of good practice to other members of staff
- To go about your duties with a positive and enthusiastic attitude - to be organised, efficient, confident, hardworking and conscientious
- To promote at all times good relations between staff members, parents and children, and at all times promote the good name and ethos of Hopscotch
- To cover any other staff responsibilities as appropriate at the request of the Manager, particularly taking into account that unforeseen situations can occur when looking after children, and that the child's care and welfare is paramount at all times
As an apprentice you will be included on a Level 2 Early Years Practitioner apprenticeship standard with Babcock Training. This will involve one to one training with a Regional Trainer who will meet with you on a regular basis.
Whilst on the apprenticeship you will be entitled to an NUS card https://www.apprenticeextra.co.uk/
15-month contract with the possibility of a full-time permanent post on successful completion of the apprenticeship.
Wages per hour £6.63 – £8.98 depending on age.
Satisfactory references are required, and this position is subject to a DBS check at enhanced level.
Please be aware that this vacancy may close early if enough applications are received and you may be asked to attend an interview earlier than the date stated. Be sure to apply early to avoid disappointment.
- You must be able to demonstrate that you can read effectively
- Able to communicate clearly and accurately in spoken and written standard English
- An ability to communicate effectively with parents and build a relationship of trust with them
- An ability to work on own initiative
- A willingness to learn the policies and procedures of Hopscotch and to abide by the staff rules
- A willingness to adhere to the Hopscotch dress code
- A willingness to work as part of and contribute positively to the staff team
- A willingness to attend staff meetings, training courses and nursery parent's evenings as appropriate
- A commitment to attend regular out of hours training sessions as directed by course tutors in order to complete Level 2 Childcare Qualification
- To be able to cope with the physical demands of the role, including lifting and handling of children and some equipment, the execution of light housekeeping duties and the ability to use a variety of cleaning products and personal protective equipment
Childcare qualifications are not essential, above all else you must be able to demonstrate a genuine desire to work with children 0-5 years old and be willing to undertake relevant training towards a Hopscotch and Ofsted approved childcare qualification.
- Level 2 Early Years Practitioner Apprenticeship Standard