If you are looking to enter into a career in childcare, then an apprenticeship with Beacon Hill Day Nursery could be for you!
The role is to work as part of a team, it requires caring for all the children's care needs alongside assisting with full range of daily duties.
We are looking for someone who enjoys spending time with a variety of aged children and is willing to learn all aspect of the job role. In the role of an Early Years Apprentice you are required to train and study towards an Early Years childcare qualification. As an apprentice you will be given a mentor in the nursery and a Regional Early Years Trainer, who will support and provide training whilst you are at work.
Some of the duties you will undertake will include:
- Supervising children’s play and learning activities
- Supporting children's hygiene routines
- Completing children's learning and development files to a high standard
- Assisting at mealtimes and with feeding and cleaning
- Contributing to planned programmes of activities
- Liaising with parents and carers
- Following Health and Safety at all times
- Working as part of a team to set-up the rooms and clear down at the end of the day
- Adhere to all safeguarding practices
This vacancy is for the length of the Apprenticeship.
A DBS check will be required.
- Communication skills. Childcare workers must be able to talk with parents and colleagues about the progress of the children in their care
- Decision-making skills
- Instructional skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Have an interest in children and their learning and development
- Be polite
- Reliable and punctual at all times
- Able to use own initiative
- Be committed to work hard to complete an Early Years Apprenticeship
- Positive approach to learning
- Be highly motivated
- Willing to take direction from the childcare team
GCSE in maths and English A-C (9-4) is preferred but training in functional skills level 2 is provided.
Level 2 - Early Years Practitioner