We would love you to join our team as we embark on accreditation to 'The Curiosity Approach', promoting awe and wonder in early childhood. This is a unique style of learning for children to be engaged in the joy of doing, rather than the end result.
Duties will include:
- Caring for children
- Preparing and maintaining environments to meet children's needs
- Supporting children's play and learning
- Supporting children's development
- Adhering to all safeguarding practices
- Preparing snacks and helping with feeding and cleaning
- Planning and supervising child initiated and adult led activities.
- Implementing the Early Years' Foundation Stage
- Planning and providing effective teaching and learning in Early Years' settings
- Making accurate and productive use of assessment in Early Years' settings
- A competitive training salary
- Ongoing personal and professional development
- 1 week shut down at Christmas
- A great and friendly place to work
- The support of a very experienced team and nursery manager
This vacancy is for a permanent position, you will be offered full-time employment upon the successful completion of the apprenticeship programme.
You will be working 40 hours, with the earliest start being 7:30am and latest finish time 6pm.
- Nursery work experience is preferable
- Good communication skills
- IT skills
- The ability to work as part of a team
- Must be able to follow instructions from the room leader
- Holds a passion for education and educating our children
- Believes in shaping a future for not only the children but themselves
- Is articulate & friendly
- Able to commit to the full apprenticeship programme
- Holds a passion for learning about childcare
GCSEs at grades C/4 or above (or equivalent) in maths and English.
As an apprentice you will be included on a Level 3 Early Years Educator Apprenticeship Standard, this will involve a Regional Trainer visiting you once a month in the workplace from an award-winning training provider.
What will be involved in your apprenticeship:
- To undertake a developmental programme leading to an Early Years' qualification as part of an apprenticeship, which is achieved within the given timescale
- To actively participate in your own development plan working through the qualification with the qualification provider and with the nursery setting too
- To keep your mentor informed of your progress and to raise any concerns or issues
- Monthly meeting with a Regional Trainer from Babcock in your workplace to complete your qualification