A great opportunity is available for an apprentice to join the team at Tudor House Montessori nursery or one of the sister nurseries.
You will be responsible for:
- Assisting with the care and education of all the children in the setting under the guidance of the qualified and experienced practitioners
- Ensuring that all the children are kept safe, healthy, happy and enjoy a range of stimulating learning experiences
- Work towards completing a recognisable childcare qualification (Level 2)
- To achieve good quality interaction with children, taking account of their age and stage of development
- To be aware that, through play, a child explores understanding, new experiences, needs to ask questions
As an apprentice you will be included on an Early Years Practitioner standard, this will involve a Vocational Coach visiting you on a monthly basis observing you whilst you work.
Career advancement within our nursery group.
Must have a Genuine interest in working with young children aged 0 - 5 years. The placement will be at either this site or one of the sister nurseries which are all within a 5 mile radius. Must have a Genuine interest in working with young children aged 0 - 5 years. The placement will be at either this site or one of the sister nurseries which are all within a 5 mile radius.
The Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage guide (ANMW): https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
- Ability to think up original play ideas to support children's wellbeing and learning
- Full training given, willingness to use ICT to record children's learning and development
- Good communication skills, written and verbal
- Kind, caring, and responsive nature
- Good timekeeping, reliability, and health
- Tidy appearance
- Being able to work in a team and willing to take instruction from senior staff
No formal qualifications required.
Level 2 Childcare Apprenticeship
Each framework includes a diploma/certificate which shows the practical skills, a technical certificate to confirm the knowledge and understanding and Employee Rights and Responsibilities (ERR), Personal Learning and Thinking Skills (PLTS) and Functional Skills in English and maths.
You will be assessed throughout the apprenticeship and complete the qualification based on the competencies within your job role.
You will be assessed by a combination of observations, professional discussion, question and answer sessions and self-study which is required to confirm your knowledge and understanding of the career route you have chosen.