An opportunity has arisen with an employer in the Stetchford area for an apprenticeship position in childcare. The candidates will report to the team manager each day, who will then indicate which team the candidate will be assigned to.
Within the team, the candidate will assist the other Nursery Assistants to plan and organise both fun and educational activities whilst taking care of the children’s personal needs.
Other key responsibilities may include the following:
- Assisting the qualified staff with the day to day care of the children including cleaning, nappy changing and feeding
- Working as part of a team to ensure a smooth running of the setting
- Planning and completing activities with the children
- Supporting the children’s development, learning and play
- Completing development records for the children
Possibility of full-time position for the right candidate.
Candidates are advised to check that they are able to get to the setting on a daily basis.
Only candidates with a desire to do a childcare apprenticeship will be contacted.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
For more information please visit: https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
- Good communicator
- Able to work on own initiative
- Commitment to working with children
- Outgoing personality
- Commitment to a pathway of learning within a vocational setting
- Willingness to work within a team
- Passion for working with and developing own skills in employment
- Good numeracy - Grades A-C/8-4 or equivalent
- Good literacy - Grades A-C/8-4 or equivalent
- Level 2 Childcare
- Experience preferred
Full training up to Level 3 Early Years Educator.