Apprentice Nursery Practitioner - Intermediate (Level 2)
Cherubz Daycare Ltd
Babcock Training Limited
Do you want a career in Childcare?
Would you like to be employed through an apprenticeship, by a professional supportive employer?
Then this is the opportunity for you!!
A fantastic opportunity has arisen at Cherubz Day Care to join the team as an apprentice.
- The role involves working with all children aged 3 months - 5 years
- Help to supervise the children's play, learning activities and meal times
- You will be working as part of a team
- The role requires caring for all children's needs and assisting staff with the Early Years Foundation Stage requirements
- We are looking for someone who enjoys spending time with very young children and to be willing to learn all job duties and train to gain childcare qualifications
- The earliest start time will be 7am and the latest finish time is 6pm
This employer has many years experience of employing and training apprentices with great success.
You will work as part of a team who take an active role in the provision of safe and stimulating environment. You will be required to support the care and well-being of children, and support links with parents and professionals within the setting. You will work as a team member in a professional team. Some childcare experience is desirable but not essential.
The successful applicant is required to undergo a DBS enhanced disclosure. The disclosure expense will be met by the employer.
Ongoing training and development, potentially leading to promotion. This is an excellent opportunity to undertake a Children and Young People's Workforce with an award winning learning provider.
There is a chance of full time employment on completion of the apprenticeship for the right candidate.
- You will need excellent communication skills for both children and parents
- The ability to work well in a team, with a well-developed sense of responsibility and empathy with children
- Use own initiative
- Willing to learn
- Willing to care for all children's care need and assist with cleaning duties
- Must be willing to take direction from supervisor of childcare room
- The successful candidate must have excellent timekeeping skills
- Good communication skills
- Both verbal and written
- Enthusiastic about working with children
- Professional attitude to work with children, colleagues and parents and other professionals in the setting
- Be a team player, and have a caring nature
Level 2 Early Years Practitioner Apprenticeship Standard
Apprenticeship standards are aimed at developing skills within the Apprentice’s chosen career route, each standard has set knowledge, skills and behaviours required to be successful within the job role. This will include the completion of functional skills in maths and English.
Once the apprentice has completed a minimum of 12 months training and the employer and Babcock regional trainer confirm they have met all the requirements of the standard they will be put through to end point assessment. The end point assessment is independent from the training and includes a variety of assessment methods which test the skills and knowledge of the apprentice to ensure they are fully competent in their role.
Each Apprentice will be supported throughout the apprenticeship by a structured programme of teaching, e-learning, face to face training and workplace mentoring; this will encourage and help them to meet the requirements of the new standards and will prepare them for the end of point assessment.
Sign up for apprenticeship alerts - its free
People who applied for this apprenticeship also applied for:
This page contains public sector information licensed under the Open Government Licence v3.0. The information provider is the Education and Skills Funding Agency.