Apprentice Nursery Practitioner
LIFETIME TRAINING GROUP LIMITED
Work should be fun, and we are looking for individuals who share that philosophy whilst providing children under 5 with a ‘Sound Foundation’ for life.
Your duties as an Apprentice Nursery Nurse will include:
- Building positive relationships with the children, families, colleagues and internal/external professionals
- Ensuring that each child’s wellbeing is met and that they thrive in a safe environment
- Safeguarding all children in our care
- Observing, monitoring and engaging in children's play activities linked to the EYFS. Activities will support children’s language and literacy, art and design, numeracy and physical development
- Keeping records on individual children, including daily observations and information about activities, meals served, and medications administered
- Learning how to provide high quality childcare to our children
- Assisting in serving food to children, ensuring special dietary requirements are met
In addition to this we offer a wide range of employee benefits:
- Cash rewards for going ‘Beyond Expectation’
- Potential for an annual tax-free Partnership Dividend
- 22 days annual leave plus bank holidays, with the option to buy and sell leave
The pay rate is £5.55 per hour and you will work 37.5 hours a week.
A level 3 will last for 19-23 months. Upon completion, you will have the opportunity to apply for qualified roles in our local nurseries.
Successful applicants will need to provide ‘right to work in the UK’ documentation, undertake a DBS and provide at least two satisfactory references prior to commencing employment.
On-going training and development encouraged by the employer which will give the applicant the opportunity to move on to a full-time position.
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.90 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year. Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year. The minimum wage rates are £6.15 an hour for 18-20-year olds, £7.70 for anyone aged 21 to 24 and £8.21 for those over 25. Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week). These rates apply from 1st April 2019.
- You need to have a keen interest in the childcare Industry and be dedicated to working towards your Apprenticeship
- If you are enthusiastic and want a career in childcare, then we would love to hear from you
During your work-based apprenticeship you will be allocated time to complete any relevant computer-based learning. If you don’t already hold GCSEs graded A-C/8-4 or equivalent in English and maths, you will be required to study for functional skills alongside your early year’s qualification.
- Advanced Apprenticeship in Early Learning and Childcare
- Functional Skills in maths
- Functional Skills in English
- Functional Skills in ICT
Sign up for apprenticeship alerts - its free
People who applied for this apprenticeship also applied for:
This page contains public sector information licensed under the Open Government Licence v3.0. The information provider is the Education and Skills Funding Agency.