Apprentice Nursery Practitioner
FISHERFIELD FARM NURSERY LIMITED
Role and Responsibilities
You will be trained to a high standard in all duties required of you involving keeping the children safe and enhancing their learning/play. This will include:
- Ensuring safety of children at all times
- Supervising outdoor play
- Supporting development through play
- Preparing and feeding children
- Keeping the nursery clean
- Dealing with parents and any paperwork that needs completing
- You will be supported throughout your training by staff and you will be treated as a valuable member of staff
We work hard to mentor and coach our teams in the aim to allow staff from within the company to excel and progress within the nurseries. We provide employees with continuous training and support to aid development.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
For more information please visit: https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
- Honest and hardworking attitude to work and your qualification
- Flexible and fun but able to be professional
- Able to work as part of a positive team and open to change
- Ability to empathise with children
- Excellent communication skills
- Candidates for apprenticeships must have a passion for developing their career in Early Years and show passion and flair for supporting young children and their families
- Ability to cherish the individuality of children and support us in putting in place the foundations of lifelong learning whilst upholding our high profile
- You will be required to work shifts between 7am-6pm so you must be flexible with your working hours
- You will need to pass a DBS check and provide the employer with two references
GCSE or equivalent 9-4/A-C in maths & English
- Children and Young People’s Workforce Level 2 qualification
- Functional Skills if required
This is a work-based qualification although some college attendance may be required for Functional Skills.
Sign up for apprenticeship alerts - its free
People who applied for this apprenticeship also applied for:
This page contains public sector information licensed under the Open Government Licence v3.0. The information provider is the Education and Skills Funding Agency.