Apprentice Nursery Practitioner
CHILDBASE PARTNERSHIP LIMITED
LIFETIME TRAINING GROUP LIMITED
Work should be fun and we are looking for individuals who share that philosophy whilst providing children under 5 with a ‘Sound Foundation’ for life.
Your duties as an Apprentice Nursery Nurse will include:
- Building positive relationships with the children, families, colleagues and internal/external professionals
- Ensuring that each child’s wellbeing is met and that they thrive in a safe environment
- Safeguarding all children in our care
- Observing, monitoring and engaging in children's play activities linked to the EYFS. Activities will support children’s language and literacy, art and design, numeracy and physical development
- Keeping records on individual children, including daily observations and information about activities, meals served, and medications administered
- Learning how to provide high quality childcare to our children
- Assisting in serving food to children, ensuring special dietary requirements are met
In addition to this we offer a wide range of employee benefits:
- Cash rewards for going ‘Beyond Expectation’
- Potential for an annual tax-free Partnership Dividend
- 22 days annual leave plus bank holidays, with the option to buy and sell leave
The pay rate is £5.55 per hour and you will work 37.5 hours a week.
A level 2 apprenticeship will last for approximately 13-17 months and a level 3 will last for 19-23 months. Upon completion, you will have the opportunity to apply for qualified roles in our local nurseries.
Successful applicants will need to provide ‘right to work in the UK’ documentation, undertake a DBS and provide at least two satisfactory references prior to commencing employment.
Ongoing training and development encouraged by the employer which will give the applicant the opportunity to move on to a full time position.
The key dates are to be used as a guide only. Should the right candidate be found, this vacancy may close early.
You need to have a keen interest in the childcare industry and be dedicated to working towards your apprenticeship.
If you are enthusiastic and want a career in childcare, then we would love to hear from you.
During your work-based apprenticeship you will be allocated time to complete any relevant computer-based learning. If you don’t already hold GCSEs (or equivalent) graded A*-C/9-4 in English and Maths, you will be required to study for Functional Skills alongside your early years qualification.
- Level 3 Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce (Early Years Educator)
- Award in Employment Responsibilities and Rights in Health, Social Care, Children and Young People's Settings (RQF)
- Level 2 Functional Skills in English, Maths, and ICT (if required)
- Employee Rights and Responsibilities (ERR)
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills (PLTS)
Sign up for apprenticeship alerts - its free
People who applied for this apprenticeship also applied for:
This page contains public sector information licensed under the Open Government Licence v3.0. The information provider is the Education and Skills Funding Agency.