While working for Happy Days Nursery and alongside Paragon Skills, you will be assisted in actively working towards gaining your Level 2 certificate in Early Years.
Your day to day duties will include, but are not limited to;
- Looking after the children
- Safeguarding for children
- Working together with parents and carers
- General day to day duties within the nursery
- Assisting other nursery nurses
- The nursery are looking for someone who can start ASAP.
- Upon successful completion of the apprenticeship, you will be given the opportunity to progress and complete further training and qualifications in childcare.
PLEASE NOTE – candidates who meet the employer’s criteria will be put forward for interview as soon as possible, this means that the vacancy could be filled before the advertised closing date. Please apply today to avoid disappointment.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
The Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage guide is updated every April (ANMW): https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
- Good time keeping
- Good communication skills
- Passionate about working with children
- Dedicated to the programme
- There are no prior qualifications required for this position but some experience within childcare could be an advantage.
Paragon Skills are one of the leading training providers in the country. We have the ENERGY & EXPERIENCE to give you the EDGE in kick starting your career. Our Personal Tutors will deliver outstanding teaching and learning to help ENERGISE you to complete your apprenticeship training and leave you confident to EXECUTE tasks to the highest standard. With this apprenticeship you will complete the following qualifications:
- Level 2 Diploma in Children and Young Persons Workforce,
- Functional Skills in maths, English & ICT,
- Employment Rights and Responsibilities,
- Personal Learning & Thinking Skills.
- All training will be delivered in the work place with no requirement for day release to college. You will be mentored by experienced members of staff while developing your skills to a nationally recognised industry standard.