Purpose of Post: To train and develop to a Level 2/3 EYE
Hours of working: Monday through Friday on a rota shift to cover the opening hours of the nursery, which could include opening and closing times to ensure the safe day-to-day running of the nursery. All Staff Meetings, open days, training days and nursery trips outside the normal working day. Working hours will be determined on the age of the apprentice.
Qualifications and Experience Requirements: Must be 16 yrs. + To undertake training that is suitable to nursery requirements
- To learn and listen to your peers that will support you in achieving your qualifications
- Use your initiative, but make sure that you have permission to do so
- Never leave children unattended
- Never be left with children on your own
- Engage with the children and their learning environment
- Ask Questions!
- Observe nursery protocols
- Always be supervised by a qualified staff member
- To be flexible with working practices and be prepared to help where needed including domestic jobs i.e.: preparation of food, cleaning of equipment and any other job relevant to childcare
- You are expected to work in a way that supports all children and other staff
- To promote good practice at all times
- To always support a safe environment for children and adults that will enforce the health, safety, hygiene and cleanliness standards for the needs of young children and to ensure these standards are maintained at all times.
- Working alongside the staff team to ensure that the philosophy of the vision statement is fulfilled
- Ensure the security of the child is protected and adhere to our policy on entry, and collection of children – you are not authorised to allow parents to enter without verification.
- Always respect the confidentiality of children, parents, and your peers
- To abide by all rules and regulations within the nursery and refer to your employee handbook
- To undertake such other duties and responsibilities of an equivalent nature as may be required to enforce the Statutory Framework for the Early Years Foundation Stage
- To contribute to a programme of activities suitable to the age range of children in conjunction with other staff of which may include planning, preparing and organising
- To support and encourage other staff to create a team working environment and always work as a team
- To promote good practice at all times and ensure high standards of care and education are undertaken
- To secure a safe environment for children and adults to support and enforce the health, safety, hygiene and cleanliness standards for the needs of young children and to ensure these standards are maintained at all times.
- Ensuring that accidents/incidents are handled within the guides of the nursery Safeguarding policy – always seek assistance from your senior!
- To assist with the development and implementation of systems to monitor and record children’s development
- Be a part of staff development and training
- To develop your role within the team to include training that is relevant to your position especially with regards as a key worker
- Do not administer medication to any child
- Do not approach parents direct – must be supervised at all times
- To undertake other responsibilities and duties of equivalent nature as may be determined by the nursery manager
- To support the management team
- To ensure you understand the importance of Safeguarding and comply with the nursery’s Safeguarding policy
You must always comply with (no exceptions) – supplied at your induction
- Safeguarding Policy
- Behavioral Policy
- Equality & Diversity Policy
- Code of Conduct
- Confidentiality Policy with special attention to the GDPR
- Mobile phone policy
- Social media policy
- The Welfare Requirements of The Early Years Foundation Stage
- Always work to your full potential
Make yourself aware and understand the purposes of these policies in order to share and display outstanding skills
A full-time permanent position is available upon successful completion of the Apprenticeship.
- Wanting to work with children and have the ability over time to connect with them
- Patience, imagination, initiative, and the ability to work in a team
- Eager to learn
Level 2/3 EYFS Apprenticeship
- Safeguarding Training
- Behavioural Training
- Observations and planning
- Communication and interaction
- Paediatrics First Aid
- Food Safety
Online training courses through Noodles Now that provides many more.