Duties to include:
- To promote highest standards of childcare for the successful achievement of the intellectual, emotional, and social development of each child
- To assess the progress of each child
- To carry out effectively and thoroughly the daily programs drawn up for each age-related children’s groups
- To make sure under the supervision that the rooms, toys and equipment are kept in a clean and safe condition, and any maintenance or breakages are reported
Possible opportunity to progress onto full-time employment within the nursery.
Please do not contact this employer. You must be eligible for the apprenticeship first with the training provider Gordon Franks Training, who will conduct the first interview (apply via the link as specified). Once successful, your details will then be forwarded to the employer, for you to be considered for this vacancy (we have lots of other vacancies too!).
Please research the employer and Gordon Franks Training.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Good attention to detail
- Willingness to train and develop further skills
- Team player
- Age 16-18: maths and English at GCSE or Functional Skills or equivalents (grades will be discussed at interview)
- Age 19+: must have maths and English GCSE or equivalent grade 9 to 4 (A to C) or Functional Skills Level 2 or equivalents
- Childcare (EYPL3) level 3 qualification
- Full training provided at employer site
- Choice of online or paper-based portfolio
- Regular Assessor Visits, Observations and Reviews
- Witness Testimonies from Employer
- Technical Certificate (industry knowledge)
- Functional skills if required