Apprentice Nursery Nurse - Advanced (Level 3)
Brightstars Child Care Ltd
Hit Training Ltd
- Adhering to the policies and procedures of Bright Stars and compliance with the Children Act, health, and safety legislation and within the guidelines of Ofsted and the national standards. Ensuring confidentiality is always maintained in the nursery
- Working as part of a team
- The care and supervision of the children regarding to their physical, emotional, and intellectual needs
- The planning and preparation of activities, to meet children’s individual needs, liaising with parents and negotiating working targets ensuring effective communication within the nursery
- Providing a good role model to all nursery assistants, students, and new members of staff in the setting
- Keeping developmental records and observations
- Positive management of children’s behaviour
- Preparation, care, cleanliness and maintenance of the playrooms and equipment
- Keeping and monitoring accident, incident, and risk assessment records
- Offering all children equal opportunities regarding their religious persuasion, rascal origins, gender, disabilities, cultural or linguistic background; in particular, challenge situations where racism or discrimination is displayed
- Supervision of meals and mealtimes and where appropriate preparation of baby’s bottles
- Laundry duties
- Participating in regular staff meetings, publicity open days and as appropriate children’s outings and parties
- Attendance of staff meetings as arranged by the nursery manager
Any other duties appropriate to the post of as directed by the deputy or manager. E-fits and incentives available to the apprentice and the working week including shifts if required.)
As a large setting there are opportunities to progress, we encourage the team to expand their learning to degree level if they wish. Also, training is provided on a regular basis to keep up to date with all policies and government legislation.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
For more information please visit: https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
- Previous experience of working with children is required
- Good communication skills
- Drive and enthusiasm
- A warm, caring and patient nature
- A sense of responsibility
- A consistent and fair approach
- A sense of humour
- An awareness of safety and hygiene
- The ability to work in a team
Level 2 qualification in Childcare is an advantage but not essential. Full training will be provided to candidates who are keen to begin their childcare career.
Minimum GCSE grade 4/C or above in maths and English (or equivalent).
- Child protection and Safeguarding
- First Aid
- Food Hygiene
- Any functional skills
- Level 3 Childcare Apprenticeship qualification
Sign up for apprenticeship alerts - its free
People who applied for this apprenticeship also applied for:
This page contains public sector information licensed under the Open Government Licence v3.0. The information provider is the Education and Skills Funding Agency.