Apprentice Nursery Nurse
Fisherfield Farm Nursery
We are looking for an Apprentice Nursery Practitioner to work in our busy nursery with the aim to become a qualified member of staff. Do you have a passion to care for children and want to make a difference in the workplace? We have over 21 years’ experience training and developing staff ensuring by working together. You will make a difference every day to children. You will be providing an imaginative and creative programme of activities in a fun and safe environment.
Role and Responsibilities
To work with children from 3 months to 5 years old in a large team, meeting individual needs of children. You will be expected to provide a safe and stimulating environment to support children’s learning in all areas of development adhering to the early years curriculum
- Help children to develop through play
- Take part in play activities with the children
- Build positive relationships with children
- Promote positive behaviour and discourage unwanted actions
- Maintain child safety
- Take part in indoor/outdoor activities
- Help to maintain a healthy balanced diet for the children
We work hard to mentor and coach our teams in the aim to allow staff from within the company to excel and progress within the nurseries. We provide employees with continuous training and support to aid development.
- Good communication skills
- Ability to take on board feedback and work on own initiative
- Ability to work in a team to meet the varying needs of children
You must be hard working, committed, flexible and willing to learn, taking on feedback from mentors. You must be caring with good interpersonal skills and the ability to interact with children 3 months – 5 years old.
Candidates must hold an A–C/4+ GCSE in maths and English or equivalent
Children and Young People’s Workforce Level 2
- Award in Employment Responsibilities and Rights in Health, Social Care, Children and Young People's Settings (RQF)
- Certificate for the Children and Young People's Workforce
- Functional skills if required
This is a work-based qualification although some college attendance may be required for Functional Skills.
Sign up for apprenticeship alerts - its free
People who applied for this apprenticeship also applied for:
This page contains public sector information licensed under the Open Government Licence v3.0. The information provider is the Education and Skills Funding Agency.