We offer good rates of pay and a supportive environment with fully funded further qualifications so get in touch to start your journey with Footsteps Day Nurseries today.
As a qualified member of staff, you are responsible for the safety and wellbeing of the staff and children in your care. The children’s needs must be put at the forefront of how you organise your room and the nursery day and at all times your highest priority must be to provide a safe, secure, caring and stimulating environment. This must be done within the framework of the EYFS, and you must ensure that you meet the developmental needs of each individual child.
You will be expected to work closely with managers and other nursery staff to create a positive environment in the nursery and to build close ties and relationships with parents and carers. You must have the highest regard and dedication to ensuring the nursery is the best it can be at all times.
Day to day duties will include:
- Provide a safe, caring, stimulating educational environment, both indoors and outdoors, at all times
- Deliver an appropriate play based Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) curriculum that enables children to make individual progress
- Help ensure the nursery meets Ofsted requirements at all times
- To meet all your targets set out by your tutor, room leader and manager
- Understand and work to the nursery policies and procedures, including how to deal with child protection issues appropriately and how to respond to incidents, accidents, complaints and emergencies
- Support staff with their planned activities which ensure each child is working towards the early learning outcomes
- Ensure records are properly maintained, e.g., daily attendance register, accident and incident book, risk assessments
On completion of the apprenticeship program, depending on performance and availability, you may be offered a full-time role at the Nursery.
The Nursery is situated close to Leytonstone tube station.
The successful applicant will have to complete a weeklong paid trial ahead of starting the apprenticeship.
This organisation is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Background checks and an enhanced DBS will be required.
- Previous childcare experience and qualifications are preferable but not a necessity
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- We are looking for an energetic and enthusiastic individual
- Working well with others and within a team
GCSEs at grades C/4 or above (or equivalent) in maths and English are preferable but not a necessity.
Level 2 Early Years Practitioner apprenticeship standard, which includes:
- Level 2 Early Years Practitioner qualification