At Paint Pots Nursery, you will be working towards a Level 2 Early Years Practitioner Apprenticeship Standard over the course of 15-months!
To provide high quality care and education for under 5's by:
- Learn the planning cycle and begin to contribute to curriculum plans
- Carry out planned activities with small groups of children, supported by the room leader
- Follow nursery routines and activities, offering attention and support to all children
- Contributes observations to children's development on tapestry
- Have a small number of key children and be responsible for tracking their development, with guidance from supervisor
- Prepares displays, ensuring they stimulate vocal and receptive responses
- Actively promotes each child's self esteem
To maintain a safe environment for the children and adults in the nursery ensuring that:
- Equipment and resources are set up and cleared away each session
- Making sure equipment is maintained and any issues are reported to the nursery manager
- Good hygiene standards are maintained, and 10 rules of food hygiene are adhered to
- Safety procedures are adhered to
- Arrival/departure procedures are observed, and children are kept safe during the session itself
- The physical, toileting and hygiene needs of the children within the nursery are attended to
To comply with all relevant procedures covering child protection, special needs, equal opportunities, with special regard to multi-discriminatory procedures.
- To work as part of a team
- To communicate positively and effectively both inside and outside the nursery, to:
- Develop and maintain a partnership with parents/carers
- To actively contribute to good staff morale
- Promote an excellent image of Paint Pots
- To attend staff meetings
- To commit to continuing personal development
Potential for ongoing training and development following successful completion of apprenticeship.
The key dates are to be used as a guide only. Should the right candidate be found, this vacancy may close early.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
The Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage guide is updated every April (ANMW): https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
- You need to have a keen interest in the childcare Industry
- Be dedicated to working towards your Apprenticeship
- You must be enthusiastic
- Enjoy working with children
- Able to work well in a team
No qualifications required.
- Early Years Practitioner Apprenticeship Level 2
- Functional Skills in maths and English