What will the apprentice be doing?
You as an apprentice will:
- Contribute to a warm & stimulating atmosphere in which the children can develop emotionally, socially & educationally through individual attention & group activities.
- Give support to other team members.
- Be constantly aware of the children's needs.
- Must be in compliance with the nursery’s equal opportunities policy.
- Develop strong partnerships and communications with parents/carers.
- Be aware of sections 7 and 8 of the Health & Safety at Work Act 1974.
- Commit to Safeguarding children.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Apprentices will be required to attend college at least x1 day per week either at Uxbridge, Harrow or Hayes Campus completing necessary mandatory training and units associated with the apprenticeship.
The apprentice will be required to complete:
- Work towards gaining a full Level 3 Early Years Educator Qualification.
- Employment Rights and Responsibilities.
- Skills, Knowledge, and Behaviours.
- Standard and End Point Assessment.
- Functional Skills in English, Maths, and ICT (if required).
Other training will be provided by the employer as required to enable the fulfilment of the job role.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?Possibility of a full-time, permanent position at the end of training with prospects of career progression to more experienced roles, together with opportunities for sponsorship to acquire higher early year’s education qualifications.
Skills RequiredCommunication skills, Team working, Logical, Creative, Initiative
Qualifications RequiredGCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4-9) Essential
GCSE or equivalent English (Grade 4-9) Essential