Apprentice Nursery Assistant - Kings Norton
SHOOTING STARS NURSERIES LLP
BABCOCK TRAINING LIMITED
Shooting Stars require an Apprentice Nursery Assistant to join their workforce from September 2018 and complete a Level 2 Apprenticeship in Early Years Childcare and Education. During your Apprenticeship you will be expected to;
- Work as a team member, within the guidance, leadership and coaching of that team, to ensure that all children attending the setting receive high quality care, are kept safe, and receive rich and stimulating play experiences which meet their individual needs, whilst undertaking theoretical and practical training, and completing tasks and assignments to obtain the skills and knowledge necessary to achieve a level 2 qualification in Early Years Childcare and Education;
- Adhere to and positively promote Shooting Stars Nurseries Policies and Procedures;
- Understand each child as an individual and have a general understanding of childcare and child development;
- Observe each child’s progress and report on achievements looking for progression and continuity;
- Develop positive and trusting relationships with children, parents, carers, staff and outside agencies
- Provide daily feedback and observe Working in Partnership Meetings as required, learning to communicate with parents and carers
- Assist with the supervision of children at play (indoor and outdoor) and at mealtimes;
- Learn how to plan, prepare and participate in a range of activities that promote children’s learning and development;
- Learn how to be key person for a group of children, by observing, monitoring and accurately recording each child’s development in line with the EYFS.
- Learn how to help children become independent through helping hem acquire self-help skills, including, dressing, feeding, toilet training and an awareness of personal hygiene;
- Learn how to provide high standards of quality within the nursery including the environment, resources and experiences offered to children;
- Understand how to demonstrate good practice with regard to special needs and inclusion;
- Learn how to continuously improve the quality of childcare and education;
- Learn about how to keep children safe and understand when and how to follow Safeguarding Procedures.
- Understand and ensure that the nutritional needs of the children are met and that Food Safety Regulations are complied with.
- Learn about current developments in childcare and education policy and practice. Understand how to share responsibility for safeguarding all children within the nursery.
As an Apprentice you will be included on a Childcare Qualification. Your Qualification will be delivered by an Award Winning Training Provider who will support your learning and development throughout your Apprenticeship. This will involve a Vocational Learning Advisor coming to visit you on a regular basis to deliver the training and guide you through your Apprenticeship.
Following successful completion of a level three childcare qualification, Shooting Stars Nurseries will guarantee a permanent, full time position to the applicant.
Why work for Shooting Stars?
- We support all staff to meet their full potential through training and development opportunities
- We offer an auto-enrolment pension scheme
- We offer a generous staff childcare discount (subject to terms and availability)
- Staff are given paid ‘Time-Out’ of ratios to facilitate effective planning, assessment and detailed documentation
- All staff have access to an Employee Assistance Program (EAP) which is a confidential support and advice service
- Upon joining us we provide you with a thorough induction program and we pay for your DBS check
- Uniform is supplied
- Our environments are inspiring, and well maintained
- Our well considered budget for the development of educations supplies enables our teams to feel empowered to develop the curriculum responsively to the children’s needs
- We have a dedicated staff break room
- We subsidise social events for our staff to encourage team morale
- Each setting runs a staff recognition scheme to celebrate excellence
- Good verbal communication
- Ability to listen to and follow instruction
- Use own initiative
- Have a sense of humour
- Calm and patient
- Appreciate and respect diversity
- Self confident
- Self motivated
- Passionate and dedicated
A*–C 9/4 Grade for GCSE English and maths or equivalent qualification would be desirable but not essential.
Intermediate Diploma in Childrens & Young Person's Workforce.
Each framework includes a diploma/certificate which shows the practical skills, a technical certificate to confirm the knowledge and understanding and Functional Skills in maths and English.
You will be assessed throughout the apprenticeship and complete the qualification based on the competencies within your job role.
You will be assessed by a combination of observations, professional discussion, question and answer sessions and self-study which is required to confirm your knowledge and understanding of the career route you have chosen.
Sign up for apprenticeship alerts - its free
People who applied for this apprenticeship also applied for:
This page contains public sector information licensed under the Open Government Licence v3.0. The information provider is the Education and Skills Funding Agency.