Apprentice Nursery Assistant - Exeter Sowton
Kiddi Caru Day Nursery
LIFETIME TRAINING GROUP LIMITED
What is the purpose of the job?
To provide the highest level of care and education for children attending the nursery. Whilst you are gaining experience in a high quality childcare setting you will be working towards recognised childcare qualifications.
What do you have to achieve?
- With support, the individual needs of children are identified and met
- With support, equality of access and opportunity is given to all staff, parents and children
- Company policies, procedures and operational practices are adhered to at all times
- Positive working relationships with children, staff, parents and carers
- Childcare and Education
- Ensuring that the children’s individual needs are identified and met. You will be expected to promote positive relationships between the children and will be expected to develop friendly and professional relationships with parents and carers
- You will also be expected to be a positive, practical role model for the children, whilst supervising and supporting them at all times. You will ensure that the children are kept safe and that you fully understand and follow Safeguarding Procedures
- Your duties will be dependant on your level of qualification but they will also include a wide range of interactive tasks, including setting up activities for the children, reading stories, playing games, helping at meal times, assisting with nappy changing and toileting and any other duties as necessary, along with joining in with play and creative activities, as this will be an important part of the role
- You will also help to ensure that practice and provision in the nursery meets the requirements of the Early Years Foundation Stage
- Health and Safety
- You will adhere to all health and safety policy and procedures and be fully aware of all emergency and security procedures
The duties and responsibilities in this job description are not exhaustive or restrictive, changes and other duties relevant to this post may be added. This job description may be reviewed in the future.
On-going training and opportunity to move on to a full time employment.
The key dates are to be used as a guide only. Should the right candidate be found, this vacancy may close early.
- You need to have a keen interest in the childcare Industry and be dedicated to working towards your apprenticeship
- Any experience with working or caring for children
- You must be enthusiastic and able to work well in a team
No formal qualifications required.
- Apprenticeship in Children and Young Peoples Workforce level 2 frameework
- Functional Skills in maths
- Functional Skills in English
- Functional Skills in ICT
Sign up for apprenticeship alerts - its free
People who applied for this apprenticeship also applied for:
This page contains public sector information licensed under the Open Government Licence v3.0. The information provider is the Education and Skills Funding Agency.