- Operate a programme of activities suitable to the age range of children in your area in conjunction with other staff.
- To keep a proper record of achievement file on your key children, for parents.
- Work with parents of special needs children to give full integration in the Nursery.
- Support all staff and engage in a good staff teamwork.
- Liaise with and support parents and other family members.
- To be involved in out of working hours activities, e.g. training, monthly staff meetings, summer fair, Christmas party, fund raising activities etc.
- To be flexible within working practices of nursery. Be prepared to help where needed, including to undertake certain domestic jobs within the Nursery, e.g. preparation of snacks, meals, cleansing of equipment, general cleaning and tidy of nursery etc.
- Work alongside the manager and staff team to ensure that the philosophy behind the project is fulfilled.
- Recording accidents in the accident book. Ensure the manager has initialled the report before the parent receives it.
- Look upon the nursery as a "whole" where can your help be most utilised, be constantly aware of the needs of children.
- Ensure child is collected by someone known to nursery.
- To respect the confidentiality of information received.
- To develop your role within the team especially with regard as a key person.
Specific Child Care Tasks:
- To stimulate the children by preparing activities that suit the child's age and stage of their development at all times.
- To ensure that mealtimes are a time of pleasant social sharing.
- Washing and changing children as required.
- Ensuring children are happy and build their self-esteem and confidence
- To ensure the provision of a high-quality environment to meet the needs of individual children from differing cultures and religious backgrounds, and stages of development.
- To be aware of the high profile of the nursery and to uphold its standards at all times.
On-going training and development.
The key dates are to be used as a guide only. Should the right candidate be found, this vacancy may close early.
- Good understanding of English and Maths
- To provide a safe, caring, nurturing and stimulating environment for all children
- To be honest and trustworthy
- Reliable and punctual
- Enjoy working as part of a team
- Able to use own initiative
- Have a passion for working with children
No qualifications required!
- Early Years Practitioner Apprenticeship L2
- Functional Skills in Maths and English